Bonnie and I met via an online adoption group for single moms back in '07. We live about 1 1/2 hours away and met, talked, and chatted about our upcoming China adoptions quite a few times. Today, almost 3 years after the first meeting, our two girls got to meet each other. I met NiNi (Olivia) back in April; some of you remember following along on Bonnie and NiNi's journey
www.withgraceandgratitude.blogspot.com When I met NiNi the first time, she had just had open heart surgery a week or so earlier.

Well, look at our two girls today!

It can't get much better than that!
NiNi just turned one year old last week, and she's looking fabulous. We took the girls to the Sacramento Zoo and out to lunch. Mia brought NiNi a toy cell phone, which Mia picked out herself. I think NiNi liked it more than the animals! Mia enjoyed seeing a baby and playing "big sis." We had a great time and hope the girls will become close friends as they get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment