Monday, June 29, 2009

The Pieces Are Coming Into Place

After about 8 hours of miscellaneous errands today, I am just about ready for L.P. to come home. The crib is together, car seat is in the garage (not quite in the car yet), and most of my travel essentials are purchased. I've bought a handful of little, packable toys to entertain a two year old, especially during the 4 hour layover in Hong Kong and the 12 hour flight home. Wish me luck; I'll need it. My final travel documents from my agency are being shipped via UPS. Once they are here I can get the LAST documents ready to finalize this adoption. I will sign the final adoption papers in Hefei, receive L.P.'s American visa while in Guangzhou, and when we step foot off the plane in the U.S. she will be an American citizen.

Here are a couple pictures of L.P.'s crib. In case you can't read it, the words are "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella.

I will meet her three weeks from today! I am counting down every day, minute...