Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Day of Day Care

Monday was Mia's first day at day care. She started going a week before I had to go back to work so we can slowly start getting into the swing of things. I am NOT a morning person, so getting us both up and going, on time, will be a big hurdle. So far, our mornings have been going pretty smoothly. Mia had no problems transitioning to day care. She cried when we had to go home the first day. She either really liked day care, or she was concerned about the sippy cup that we left at day care for her to use. (Or, her tears were a combination of the two.) Regardless, she seems happy and content at day care and that makes going back to work a lot easier. I don't know how I got so lucky with this easy going girl. I think she is probably saving it all up to hurl on me when she is a tween/teenager. Yep, that's probably it.

Six months ago today, I received updated pictures of Lu YanRong, soon to be Mia Anne, from a family visiting the orphanage. It doesn't seem that long ago that I got home from a mini-vacation to Pismo Beach and found 7 pictures of my Lollipop Girl, taken that same day, waiting in my in-box. What a treat! She's changed a lot in those 6 months, 3 of which were with me. Here's a shot back from April 15 and also a picture of Mia on her first day of day care, earlier this week. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, she looks so grown up between those two pictures! Glad the transition with daycare is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! i LUV the pigtails! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just beautiful! I think Hefei SWI raises easy going girls! lol

    ReplyDelete