


One year ago today, I was awoken at 5 something in the morning with a call from my agency. This scene had played out before, but this one would be different. This call was about a 21 month old little girl who needed a home. Soon, I had my computer on and I was looking at a few pictures of Lu Yan Rong. Within minutes I had called my mom, my friend Bonnie, and sent out an email to my friend D.C.
I had to go to work that day. I happened to have meetings all day and wasn't teaching. I remember I had a terrible head cold at the time and my head and ears were all congested. It was hard enough thinking through the cold, let alone having to pay attention at my meeting knowing that I had most likely just seen pictures of my daughter.
There wasn't much to think about, though, as this decision was pretty easy to make. I had envisioned adopting a younger child, but I just couldn't say no to that face. So here again are those first pictures. Coincidentally, I have to go to the exact same meeting today. Though this time I feel much better, and I have a spunky, active, smart two year old at home who is a constant joy (well, almost constant :)
Yeah and a pic i didn't see, the passport! Oh Miss. Mia we are glad you are here in the USA!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 year referral day! i Remember that day too!...I kept thinking can she be any CUTER???? Mia you are Sweet! Ella is blowing you kisses right now!
Hugs and also something is coming your way from Ella.
Hugs
Donna & Ella