Well, this all started in the fall of 2010 when I started considering a second adoption. I ended up preparing a dossier for a new program in Honduras. Expecting a 2011 referral, I was continuously disappointed with the delays. By the end of 2012, with no end on sight, I began looking at China again. It hadn't been an option earlier because China has a rule that single parents can't have any other kids under the age of 6. By July of 2013, though, I would qualify again. So in 2013 I prepared yet another dossier for China. Some hundreds of pics, at least 10 files, and one year later I was sent the file of a three year old in Guangdong Province. After a week of considering, I accepted the file of Yang Yu Lao, soon to be Ava Rose YuLao.
In the foster home where she currently lives she goes by LaoLao. (Think of the word "ow" as in your hurt yourself, with an /L/ sound before it.) Travel to China will likely be the end of August/early September. It'll be just over 5 years since we were there last!
No comments:
Post a Comment