We left our hotel at 10:00 A.M. today to catch a flight to Hefei (pronounced HUH-fay.) It was about an hour and a half flight from Beijing to Hefei. We were probably the only non-Chi*ese people on the flight and got quite a few stares. Some little boys in the airport seemed to be daring each other to come close to us. One boy pushed the other closer, and then they both ran away laughing. We’ve received even more stares walking around a bit in Hefei. I bet the two blond ladies are quite the unique sight here in Anhui province.
We were picked up from the airport by Amy (pronounced Ah-me) who took us to the hotel and got us checked in. She'll pick us up again tomorrow to go meet Miss L.P., and she'll be with us for all of the adoption events. The rest of the time, though, we're on our own.
Hefei is a much bigger city than I anticipated: 4.5 million people. Crossing the street here is an adventure in itself, even with the street lights. As I sit by my hotel window and type now, I can hear the constant honking of car horns. I’m not sure if something is going on, or if this is just the usual “Get out of my way; I’m not stopping for you” message that the Chi*ese drivers love to send with their horns. We had dinner at the KFC tonight. We had chicken strips in a wrap with plum sauce and cucumbers, just like what is served with the Peking duck in Beijing. We got a few stares in the KFC too. We then walked through a department store and found the supermarket inside. It is cheap and convenient so I am sure it will become a daily stop while we are here.
Well, the next post will be all about Lollipop, just 12 hours to go! I posted a few more pictures from Beijing yesterday. Enjoy!
We were picked up from the airport by Amy (pronounced Ah-me) who took us to the hotel and got us checked in. She'll pick us up again tomorrow to go meet Miss L.P., and she'll be with us for all of the adoption events. The rest of the time, though, we're on our own.
Hefei is a much bigger city than I anticipated: 4.5 million people. Crossing the street here is an adventure in itself, even with the street lights. As I sit by my hotel window and type now, I can hear the constant honking of car horns. I’m not sure if something is going on, or if this is just the usual “Get out of my way; I’m not stopping for you” message that the Chi*ese drivers love to send with their horns. We had dinner at the KFC tonight. We had chicken strips in a wrap with plum sauce and cucumbers, just like what is served with the Peking duck in Beijing. We got a few stares in the KFC too. We then walked through a department store and found the supermarket inside. It is cheap and convenient so I am sure it will become a daily stop while we are here.
Well, the next post will be all about Lollipop, just 12 hours to go! I posted a few more pictures from Beijing yesterday. Enjoy!