We made it to Beijing and checked into our hotel at about 2:00 AM local time on Friday The trip was nicely uneventful. We did have a delay in Hong Kong of little over an hour. We sat on the tarmac because of bad weather in Beijing. They gave us Hagen-Daz in the meantime, so all was forgiven. Total time from wheels up in US to wheels down in Beijing, just over 19 hours.
We were quite impressed with Cathway Pacific. We each had our own TV screens, with remote, and on-demand movies, TV, CDs etc. It was like TiVo made the journey with us. I think mom watched 5 movies on the way here. They had over 100 movies to choose from including many new releases. I was able to watch movies, see some episodes of Californication and Weeds. What a great way to amuse ourselves for the 13+ hour ride.
Now it is almost 8:00 A.M., we’ve had a few hours asleep, and we’re getting ready for today’s sightseeing. I believe we’re seeing the Forbidden Palace, Tiananmen Square, and an acrobatic show this evening. I'll try and post this evening some pictures of Beijing!